Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Walk Upon The Water - The Video, #3 - Getting Your Feet Wet


Walk Upon The Water - The Video

#3 - Getting Your Feet Wet

I have no trouble standing in front of a crowd and performing.  Doesn’t phase me in the least.


Standing, sitting, walking, staring, smiling, singing or ANYTHING ELSE in front of a camera, however, is another story.


I’m not sure how long it took for me to really get comfortable.  I think you can see me relaxing into it more throughout the video, but I had some trouble at first living in the lens.


Of course, it didn’t help that as I was getting my feet wet, learning to work with the camera lens, the day was fast approaching that I was going to have to get my feet wet for real for the final shot of the video.


As I said before, the final line of the song is, “I drown in my sorrow that I do not know how to walk upon the water.”  It was apparent to us all that it meant I was going to have to TRY to walk upon water and fail! Any discomfort that I felt shooting video before rose to a whole new level as I considered what was coming.


So, on the last day of filming, with 2 changes of clothes in tow, I went to Lake Huron with Jeremy and Dot, picked a spot, discussed how we would get the shot and proceeded to do it.  Of course, Jeremy wanted the shot down in 2 different ways, so I had to walk into the water and “drown” not once, but twice! I’m sure the folks on shore thought we were crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment