Friday, March 20, 2020

Walk Upon The Water - The Video, #2 - Shooting a Music Video


Walk Upon The Water - The Video

#2 - Shooting a Music Video

Don’t let anyone fool you.  Shooting a music video is FUN!


...and a LOT of work.


We had 5 days to get lots of photos taken, to do some interview footage for the promo, and to run around to all these locations to shoot the ideas that Jeremy had for my music video Walk Upon The Water.


Now, let me be clear.  The hard work was before and after I was there, I’m sure.  Jeremy and his wife, Dot, went location scouting in the weeks prior to my arrival, so they knew exactly where we would be doing all of the video.  And then, I got to go home while they edited photos and video. Real rock star kind of stuff for me. Real work for them.


Jeremy has always been a real visionary in his work with video, and I KNOW his best stuff is still to come.  I’m just glad he took interest in making my music video happen.


The thing is, he really did have a vision for what the video would look like.  He took great care to set it all up. However, once in a while I would throw out an idea that I thought would be cool.  We have very good working relationship, respecting each other as artists, so he tried my ideas and one even ended up in the video!


There is more to tell, but I’ll save that for another day…

No comments:

Post a Comment