Friday, March 13, 2020

Walk Upon The Water - The Album, #2 - Bentley Records


Walk Upon The Water - The Album

#2 - Bentley Records

After working on these songs, and playing a live show, I began, all by myself in my home studio, to record the songs, but had no real idea what I was going to do with them.  I just knew that I had to make the recordings!


And then I received an email from Bentley Records.


Some time ago, I had sent in some music to be considered to be a part of their label.  Now, mind you, they are a hip-hop label and I knew it was a longshot, at best. I was sending my songs everywhere, in hopes to catch someone’s attention.


Though the email was kind and ultimately a rejection letter, it did offer a potential distribution deal, since they recognized my talent and potential.


After a few email inquiries back and forth, I ultimately spoke on the phone with Troy Beelen, who pretty much explained the whole deal, process and everything.  My songs would be mastered and distributed by Bentley, even marketed through their new software, but I would be responsible for my own recordings, artwork (unless I wanted them to do it) and creating my own way.  He made me feel great and was very encouraging.


So, I did it.  


Now, I have released a full length concept album Walk Upon The Water, as well as several singles, all distributed through Bentley Records.


No comments:

Post a Comment