Friday, July 3, 2020

Walk Upon The Water - About The Songs, You Save Me, #3 - The Lyrics, Part One



Walk Upon The Water - About The Songs


You Save Me

#3 - The Lyrics, Part One 


“I love your smile and I love your laugh.”


Those words were so easy to come out of me when I was writing this song.  


Kerrie has a beautiful smile and an infectious laugh.  The words had to be written. As did..


“I love your nights and I love your days.”


Any time I am with Kerrie, I feel alive.  It’s not just a “brand new love, giddy silly” alive.  It is that “look who I am and who I am with” feeling of being alive.  It is the culmination of having believed for so long that life was grander than what I had been living.


I change the first chorus from “You made me live again” to “You helped me to love again” in the second chorus.  The reason is simple. I feel alive, more than ever, and she helped me love again, the way I always dreamed of, but was scared of trying for.


“You save me” was the perfect ending to the chorus, because to me it was very apparent.  Kerrie had saved me. She opened up my life to things I had only dreamed of, and fooled myself into thinking wasn’t possible.


I don’t say those things to complain about my past, or my ex-wife.  I say it because of what had become of me through my own decisions.  


Kerrie really did save me.


From me, mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment