Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Walk Upon The Water - About The Songs, Everything’s Alright, #3 - Epilogue



Walk Upon The Water - About The Songs

Everything’s Alright

#3 - Epilogue

I released this song back in 2008 on an EP.  


It didn’t go anywhere.  


But, Christianna did sing some tracks with me and it is the most precious moment of our lives for me.  Her voice, at that age, so pure and true. She is a wonderful singer still, and I love hearing her sing.


For this current release, I used the same tracks, just cleaned up some problem areas and remixed the song.


One of the things that had always stuck out in the original was some pitch problems I had.  Not many, just a couple that I wish I could correct. So, with the tools in my set-up nowadays, I was able to correct them. Digital Performer, my DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) of choice, has great plugins that allow me so much control, especially when it comes to pitch correction.


I also spent time taking the original tracks and putting through the same mixing process as the rest of the songs on the album, so it would fit in as part of the whole.


The thing about this song is, it is so simple, timeless and easy.  Whenever I perform it live, I find people sitting in the audience singing along, as if they have been singing it with me for years, even though I know they are only hearing it for the first time.


I guess that is what marks a great song.  When people so identify with it the first time they hear it that they can sing along.


I guess I couldn’t ask for better.  To help others feel, see and know that everything will indeed be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment